Monday, June 22, 2009

Leaps and Bounds

Great news! Sarah is now well enough to dictate a message for her lovely followers. Here it is :) Emily

Greetings from the World of Medical Miracles!

I am mostly breathing on my own now, and am being weaned off medications and IV lines.

I'm not in much pain. The biggest discomfort i have is shortness of breath, which is still being investigated, and some swelling. I do use the ventilator (mask, not intubation) for breathing occasionally for short periods of time, which is slightly uncomfortable.

Boredom is the biggest challenge... TV is bad, there are no DVDs, no laptop, and at this point I'm bored with the vitals monitor. My brain is still a little fuzzy for reading.

It's hard for me to talk for a long time so visitors are still limited.

But I am up and walking at least 3 times a day; the record distance so far is over 100 ft!

The care here has been really good, and I appreciate all the effort the staff puts in to keeping me well. They are very knowledgeable and treat me like family.

Most comforting to me are everyone's thoughts and prayers.

Love, Sarah

Also, it looks like she will soon be graduating from the ICU! The next stop will be some kind of private room (TCU or plain old hospital).

8 comments:

  1. Good News. Keep up the walking. Love R& R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, oh yes! Thank you Emily!!

    xoxoxoxo ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well what a nice mother/daughter team you girls make. And I like your news. Now things will be looking better and better, and better and better! You-all can relax a little bit now. What a great feeling that must be. We out here are looking forward to more good news from the World of Medical Miracles.
    Yes. Right on!!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoo Hoo! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear the good news!
    Best,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!

    Thanks for the good news, Sarah and Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good news! we have been thinking about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep up the recovery! Can't wait to see you safely home and on the mend!
    Love you,
    Lorrene

    ReplyDelete