It's been lovely to have my sister here, helping with all the little things every day that add up to a lot. She supervises my showers in the mornings, straightens my bed (the couch) every day, takes my doggie on walks, yells at me when I do stupid things like pick up and move the rocking chair (without thinking!), and plucks my whiskers (once the hair started growing, it went crazy, and suddenly I have Groucho Marx eyebrows and a mustache and beard!!).
We took a big outing (for me) to Pleasanton today to visit with Karl's sister and her husband and our nephew and his pregnant-with-twins wife. It was way too hot for me, but the air-conditioning saved me, and everyone else had a great time swimming and hanging out in the 100 degree plus sunshine. Erik's birthday was properly celebrated with a nice barbecue and Christine's famous Strasberry Pie, and I finally got my fill of Michael Jackson retrospectives from all the various tv stations.
I'm still pretty weak, but gaining strength every day, little by little. My breathing has improved a slight bit. I have to hold a pillow to my chest to cough, and it hurts, but that is also improving. I still can't lie down completely, which is why I'm sleeping on the couch. Finally got my first good night of sleep last night. Mischief is thrilled to be allowed to sleep at my feet on the couch. Tuesday I see the neurologist and hope to find out the results of the blood test for myasthenia gravis. Lynn leaves Tuesday. I'd love to have visitors for short periods of time - call if you want to come over - I can handle a visit a day.
Love to all,
Sarah
So happy you got to go for an outing today. It must be great to be home.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to come by and see you one day during the week of July 6th. I'll be in touch and we'll set up a visit.
-Beth T.
Me too. I want to come see you. I'll be in touch also....probably next week as well......
ReplyDeleteAnne
Hi Sarah-- I'm so happy the surgery went well and you're improving each day. Tomorrow is my last day at work (I have the month of July off) and would love to pay you a visit. I'll be in touch.
ReplyDeleteVicki Berndt
Yippe - so glad you are feeling better. And yes, what a remarkable family you do have! Will come by soon as well - try not to overwelm you with too many of us all at once! Love you,
ReplyDeleteLorrene