Saturday, January 17, 2009

Thank God for movies and George Clooney!

Had a great distraction this evening with George Clooney in Michael Clayton.  Karl actually watched the whole movie with me (he usually leaves before a movie ends) and enjoyed it as well!  It was a great story - nice thriller - great feel for the law firm big case mentality, and thank goodness George (Michael) didn't sell out in the end.  For a moment, I thought he had.  I like that George gets invovled in interesting, well-thought out movies.  And that he's easy on the eyes...

New symptoms arise, and are not enjoyable - heartburn and beginning to lose my taste buds.  I also seem to have gotten my period and cramps to boot!  

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions of accupuncture - both for the tooth pain and the chemo symptoms.  I'm going to look into the clinic Kate mentioned and see what Kaiser (or if they will) offers in accupuncture providers.  

The El Cerrito Farmer's Market was sunny and warm today - people in shorts and I in my hat.  That and some miso soup and edamame with Cosette was all I could handle - by then I felt I'd overdone it, and had to recuperate on the couch for a while while the boys took the tree down and out of the house.  Stockings and cards will come down tomorrow.  

Obama's whistle-stop train trip and speeches (though I only heard one) were inspiring and such a relief after eight years of drivel from our former leader.  Here's to all you on the east coast getting to feel or be a part of the amazing, historic inauguration.  


6 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah! Beth shared your blog with us and I'm looking forward to keeping in touch and supporting you through your journey. I love George Clooney. And when my mom went through chemo for her cancer she had weekly reflexology done. She said this helped her a lot! Like others mentioned, accupunture could also help with the nausea. You can also check out my family/baby blog....www.babyburling@blogspot.com. Sending lot's of love and support your way! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my way to the Inauguration tomorrow...will bring report back and post pictures (?) when I return. Onward to history! Woohoo!
    Wish I could have seen the concert today, but hey.
    This is such a great way to share ideas to help cope with the symptoms you are experiencing, I'm so glad you're doing this.
    More later.
    love you, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meagan had horrific heartburn, too, and her oncologist put her on protonics which helped immediately. He said the heartburn and the tastebud issues were because the chemo was attacking the cancer cells and unfortunately, the digestive system gets attacked, too. She's doing acupuncture right now, just started a couple of weeks ago. She thought it might help her sleep but what it seems to have done is increase her energy level. She figured it was worth trying everything they had to see what felt right to her - acupuncture, massage, yoga, meditation, the whole smorgasbord.
    Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane and I are following your blog and praying for you daily. Keep up the good spirits. A lot of people love you and are with you all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have absolutely nothing edifying or enlightening to add tonight, but writing just to say that I am thinking about you.

    Oh I did see " House of Mirth." Good movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the comments on this post - welcome Karen, and thanks for chiming in about your mom's experience. I'm interested in most any complementary/alternative treatments there are. Cathy, I don't know what protonics are! I'll check it out. Marty, go enjoy being part of this historical moment in DC with Jonah! Stay warm and safe and do try to post some pictures - that would be way cool. If you can't figure it out, ask your teenager! Tina, I House of Mirth is one of those great books - I"m trying to remember if I saw the movie...I guess that means I didn't, so I'll look for it.
    I love all the support and prayers and just knowing you all are thinking of me.

    ReplyDelete