Saturday, April 4, 2009

My first drum!

Woo-hoo- I got a djembe today!  My drum circle teacher went shopping with me today right after class (she volunteered) and helped me find a nice quality, good priced wood djembe with rope tuning and (maybe) a real goat-skin head (the clerk said it was synthetic, but the website indicates otherwise).  If you want to see what it looks like, go to www.tocapercussion.com/product/synergy/rope_tune_djembes.html - mine is the sdvnp 12" hand carved, and it didn't cost me $300 - I got it for $100!  So if anyone has a drum or any other percussion instrument or anything that you want to play (non-professionally, non-judgementally), let me know and we can start our own drum or rhythm or noise or cacophony circle.  Karl's been testing it out; Erik was not impressed.  I haven't had a full session with it yet because I'm all worn out from the day, but I will try to play it every day.  

New chemo date, if WBC count is high enough, is 4/9, Karl's birthday.  Will post some meal requests for the following week on LHH.  

That's all for now.  Mischief wants her dinner and is licking my hands or the computer rather persistently.....

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    I would have really wallowed in that delay, but not you. Just amazing. You've landed on my favorite...lilacs. Another bush we had in the front yard in Ithaca. I have one here but again, it's a bit forlorn looking. (not all the growing things I have are sad...I have ravishing cherry trees).
    My best April 1 story is that I had to go to a court appointed custody "class" at the courthouse April 1: figured it was a good a day as any. No one there remarked on the day, though, which I thought was a lost opportunity.

    Jonah is going to work at a local pizzs joint this summer, following David and Dan's footsteps...what does this mean? Jon's little guy Jasper had his tonsils out last week poor tyke.

    I hope the drum keeps your inner rythum going, you sure do have one, and not all of us can say that.
    Love you,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer, that there is that delay in the chemo, but very cool that your drumming career has taken off. You are amazing and inspiring in your resiliency and grace in which you accept whatever is thrown out you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,
    Whatz the latest? How are you feeling? Kids are out of school this week so we've made some plans to be away. Hope you are enjoying that western spring (still don't know what that is) and that things are continuing to progress.
    Talk soon.
    love, Marty

    ReplyDelete