Watched most of the Oscar's last night, which I hardly ever do! Very strange event. All the women are thin, beautiful and/or famous, and why do Americans live for this stuff? The guys don't have to be as beautiful, and they don't get critiqued for their clothing choices - is that fair? Anyway, I was glad to see Kate Winslet win, though I didn't see The Reader (read it quite a few years back), and loved that her dad whistled and then covered his head from the audience! Nice that Slumdog won, but I think they went overboard giving them so many awards...and really glad that Sean Penn won and spoke up for gay rights, as did the writer of Milk. Hollywood does do some good things now and then, despite all the glitz and glam and posing, thank god.
Thanks to all for the meals that keep coming in - we enjoy the variety and creativity of all the cooks and shoppers. Thanks for those keeping me cheered up with flowers - they are especially nice to look at on these gray days. And thanks to all who send well-wishes, thoughts of healing, or prayers, whether silently or aloud - I really need them now.
Yes, they are relentless with the comments about the stars dresses and whether Angelina Jolie looked at Jennifer Aniston and vice versa. You have to be skinny and at the same time thick-skinned to make it in Hollywood!
ReplyDeleteSorry this last bout of chemo has brought on a lot more of the nasty side effects. I am hoping they can at least provide you with some acupuncture to relieve some of the nausea and support your system. Thanks for continuing to keep the fans posted as to your progress. I know I am one of many who are sending you healing thoughts and deeply felt prayers for your speedy recovery.
Sarahdear, it doesn't get any easier, yet, does it? I second Tina's comment about getting acupuncture. If nothing else, it is a time of quiet, warmth, security, gentle aromas, and much more . . . and it soothes the soul.
ReplyDeleteYour faithful followers are following you every step of the way and sending many good thoughts. And that DOES help, I know. XOXOXOXOXO ma, zadie, & rosie
Thank you, Tina and Ma. Accupuncture is tomorrow at 2:50 - I hope for a healing, restorative session.
ReplyDeleteI appreciate your thoughts and prayers.
Hi Sarah,
ReplyDeleteIsn't it wonderful to have such smart advisors - acupuncture sounds great. I hope you're feeling somewhat better by now. Hope you got to enjoy the sunshine today. I am continuing to send positive thoughts your way, along with so many others doing the same. We will get results!! I am sending some positivity (ok that might not be a real word) forward in time, as you need good results on your CT scan.
Love, Anne
PS - I watched the entire Academy Awards show, which is unheard of for me. I was forced to educate myself a bit. Had to look up that weird character Mickey Rourke online, and also had to find out why Ben Stiller was acting so bizarre. Actually my knowledge of celebrities ends around the era of Joan Baez and Bob Dylan, so I am often at a loss when it comes to recognizing any of these current people. OK yes I am OLD!!!!!
Hi there,
ReplyDeleteI forget if I told you about my own experience with hypos when I was an old pregnant lady with Rosa. I had to inject myself with progesterone twice a day. Huge mama size needles in the bee-hind. I did it myself while keeping little Jonah out of the bathroom; quite the trick but I developed and honed the skill for about 8 weeks straight. Lordy it hurt to sit down.
My one planet-size wish is that your results will get you the kind of joy that those hypos gave me...little Rosa. I am banking on the universe providing you with a similarly positive outcome. Blowing you healing kisses, from me and Bob of course.
Love you, Marty
Hope the acupuncture session gave you some relief and that you will be able to regularly receive treatments to ease you through your recovery.
ReplyDeleteHi Sarah,
ReplyDeleteI thought the Oscars were O.K. too. I gave them half my attention while playing computer games and tending to my facebook. Thanks for being my friend (on facebook and real life). Hope that acupuncture is helping with the pain/nausea. Sending you healing thoughts and prayers. Stephanie says to tell you that she prays for you everyday. In fact, lots of people at school ask about you and send their Hellos. Can't wait for you to be back. :) Elyse